The PADI Open Water course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online or independent study) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
What will you need?
As a PADI Open Water Diver you will need to purchase the knowledge development course materials, to include the PADI Open Water Diver Crew Pack and DVD.
Prior to scheduling your classroom session and water work you must have:
- Completed PADI Medical Form (see 'Forms' below)
- Completed Grove Scuba Student Learning Agreement (see 'Forms' below)
- Completed Knowledge Reviews for each chapter in the PADI Open Water Student Manual
- Mask, snorkel, fins, booties, surface marker buoy, and wetsuit (optional) rated for scuba diving