Who should take this course?
Just as scuba divers look up to divemasters, instructor candidates really respect IDC Staff instructors. As the name implies, IDC Staff instructors assist with instructor training and share their wisdom and experience with new PADI leaders. Taking the IDC Staff Instructor course provides you with in-depth knowledge of the instructor development process and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI professionals. It is also a great career move.
Master Scuba Diver Trainers (MSDTs) who are ready to be excellent role models and agree to use the PADI System and components in their entirety may enroll in an IDC Staff Instructor course.
What will you learn?
After a preassessment of your instructor-level knowledge of dive theory, exemplary dive skills and role-model presentation techniques, you'll participate in these sessions:
As an IDC Staff Instructor, you can independently teach PADI Assistant Instructor Courses as well as assist with IDCs and other instructor level continuing education courses.
- Instructor development standards, procedures, and curriculum
- How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course
- The psychology of evaluation and counseling
- Evaluating knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations
- PLUS, you'll get to audit and IDC or practice teaching many curriculum components